Friday, January 28, 2022

Change is the end result of true learning.

" The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you."  B.B. King

The above watercolor is one of the recent classes I attended. My painting looks somewhat different than the original but that is what makes our work uniquely ours.

 I enjoy watching someone else's brush moving across the paper or canvas.  I can get lost in each brush stroke, even how they hold their brush is mesmerizing!  Learning new color combinations and techniques are valuable in our artistic journey.  

If I were to take this photo and paint from it, I would have approached it in an entirely different manner than the instructor.  We get caught up in our own ideas and ways of doing our paintings.   I learned so much from each of the instructors I studied under.  

At times we instinctively do something without realizing why we did it that way.  Not only is learning a reminder of things we have learned along the way, but it reinforces what we know!

This week is dedicated to drawing.  Something I do not do on a regular basis and is the foundation of our art.  Grabbing my stabilo pencil, charcoal, inks, gesso and Bristol paper can be somewhat intimidating.


I have enjoyed this month of learning and stretching myself as an artist.  Reinforcing what I do know and replacing bad habits with new ideas and techniques.

Learning through art enriches our creativity, confidence and focus.  

Until next time;

Ursula

xo

https://ivynewport.com/creative-teachers-explore/ursula-wollenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment