Monday, September 26, 2016

                                               Hello Fall!

                                        "Autumn is a second Spring when every leaf is a flower."


It is hard for me to believe that fall is actually here and I do wonder where the summer has gone.

 So many fun things and activities seem to happen during the fall months, beginning with October.  I love to see the mums and pumpkins on people's porches.  The crisp morning air, sweaters in the evening, bonfires and fall sunshine glistening on the turning leaves.  Only to mention a few favorites.

I adore painting pumpkins.  This particular painting is on a fabric canvas and has a 2 inch burlap edge, so it is ready to hang.  The fabric and the paints interacted well together, adding unexpected washes of color within.  I couldn't resist but to add a little alcohol ink and watch it spread into the other colors.  These are the fun, scary painting techniques where you don't have much control.  It could have been a huge mistake, but I took the risk and liked the outcome.

I will be participating in my first art show in October.  Speaking of scary, it is a little, but then I am excited as well.  It will be a small sampling of my work inside an interior design and gift shop in our town.  It has forced me to finally get moving and order those business cards I have been putting off!


I Just finished this piece on a 9x16 cradled wood canvas, using a mixed media background.  I have been inspired by the wild sunflowers and Black Eyed Susan's that grow along the country highways this time of year.   I picked a few on my way home from the Kansas City workshop.  Not only did I bring the flowers home, but also some poison ivy as a souvenir! 

One more thing to mention before I sign off.  My first e-packet is available for download. Hooray!!

 I just listed it on my Etsy shop.  The link is over to the right of this post, click on and shop. Or, leave a message on this post, with your email address, I will email the pdf download directly into your mail box via paypal for a promotion cost of $10.00.  


Full instructions and photos are attached.  It is a fun and easy mixed media project on a canvas board.

                                                              Title:  Under The Rose

Enjoy the cooler temps and the new season.

                                              Keep believing, keep going and keep your heart open.

                                                                         Ursula xo

No comments:

Post a Comment