Thursday, June 29, 2017

It is hard to believe that the 4th of July is coming up very soon.  It is the end of June and summer has just begun.

Camp has come and gone in a flash.  So many months of training, preparation, excitement and now it is only a memory.  It was a wonderful experience and I will never forget the faces of my two girls.  I was their counselor for the entire week, spending nearly every second with them.  Some of the other campers tugged at my heart as well.  It wasn't an easy week, it had it's share of drama and tears.  I watched some of the other staff members and was blown away by their dedication and commitment to these kids.  It was my first year, but many have done this for 5 years or more.  

Royal Family is a wonderful organization and relies on donations to operate their camps for foster kids throughout the country.  



I painted this blue girl after my return from camp.  Watercolor and stabilo pencil.  I did not intend on painting her blue.  I picked up what I thought was a black stabilo pencil and began to draw her outline.  I soon realized that the pencil was blue and just continued with the blue theme.
She is beautiful on the outside, emotive color and expression depict that there is something that she has hidden within.   Very much like the kids at our camp last week.

If you have the time; watch the movie ,"Camp".  It is based on a true story and worth watching.  Giving you a little insight into the world of these kids.

Oh, and guess what??  I caught my first fish!!

Until next time.
Happy summer!!
Ursula xo



 

No comments:

Post a Comment