Wednesday, September 7, 2016


I went to look for a new spiral notebook and found the perfect one at TJ Maxx.  It was the only one of it's kind, and the words seemed to jump right out at me.
So perfect and has become my mantra over the past year.  Working more diligently towards my goals.

My friend and I are headed to Excelsior Springs (up near Kansas City) this weekend. We will be staying at the historic Elms Hotel and spa.  Pampering ourselves for a spa day before heading to Kelly Berkey's studio for three days of painting.  It will be like a homecoming, as we were there for a workshop last year.  It will be so fun working in her free standing studio and seeing familiar faces once again.

Painting in oils is rather a new medium for me. Exploring it this past year.  I am enjoying working with the water soluble oils.  Easy clean up, no odor and can even do washes with it. The workshop is mainly oil, an Alla Prima Portrait Workshop, capturing expression.  I will take tons of pictures and share our three days of painting and exploring the local restaurants and activities of this quaint town.

This is a painting I have started in oils this week.  I will post progress and or finished still life in my next blog post.


                                                                 A nice beginning. (even snuck some acrylic in there)

And speaking of flowers, my latest project just went live on the DecoArt media blog.  This however is not in oils.  All you need to paint your own is a vintage book cover, ribbon, torn watercolor paper, fluid acrylics and gesso.  decoart.com/mixedmediablog



Hope you try and enjoy!


Looking forward to sharing the workshop journey with you on the next post.  
Plus, something new is on it's way!  Stay tuned.

Ursula xo

No comments:

Post a Comment