Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Summer is here in it's full glory.  Hot, sunny and full of many activities. 

Did you see the gorgeous moon last night?  We were driving home from a concert and it lit up the entire sky.  So glad we were out late, or I would have probably missed it.

Summer means so many things to me.  Going out into my garden early in there morning, gives me hope for the new day.  Filled with sunshine, singing birds, butterflies and bright colorful flowers.



I love celebrating and ushering in the beginning of the season and try to plan some special event so I  don't miss it.

Sitting poolside, by the lake or just out on the deck gives way to dreams.  The magic of summer time. Remembering childhood days of being outside until the street lights came on.  Playing in the woods, building forts, riding bikes for hours, skating and hopscotch on the side walk.  Playing baseball in an empty field.  Catching lightening bugs at night. We didn't have air conditioning back then and slept with the windows open.  Listening to the night sounds.

Ahhh Summer!

Enjoy the longer days, the sunshine, the water, the hopes and dreams of the season!

Ursula

P.S.  If you would like to paint this mixed media piece, join me in my upcoming class@www.artplaydate.com.  







No comments:

Post a Comment