Thursday, March 3, 2016

Being creative and time to nurture the inner artist.  Stealing away a few hours here and there.  Sometimes just warming up or watching an instructional video.  Even organizing the studio feeds my soul. 




 Intuitive collage is a great warm up tool and the process can surprise even the artist.  I began with a piece of watercolor paper.  Gluing down book pages with Matte Medium.  Circling the words that seemed to resonate with me.  At this point, I wasn't sure this would amount to anything, but as I continued, I saw a theme emerge.  Some of my circled words from the beginning were covered up, but some were still visible.  Can you find them?

I then began to lay down a few colors, using Americana and DecoArt fluid acrylics.   Adding a few pencil marks (mark making), defining the outlines and adding a few more hand written words.

I then began layering stencils throughout.  Using a brayer, I then added more yellow and red tones.  Then spraying on DecoArt Mister in Turquoise and spattering with same.  Make sure you test the mister before you begin and hold back as you sprtiz the color on.

Adding some white to tone down a few areas and then finished off with more letter stencils and if you look closely, a butterfly.  Finished off with the word "Imagine".

Love the depth all these layers create and it is a nice addition inside my journal.  

Hope this inspires you to create your own intuitive collage!  

Happy Painting!
Ursula





No comments:

Post a Comment