Monday, December 7, 2015

"Whether a whisper or a shout".

Creating artwork that expresses all that is inside.
I have been on a month's journey of doing just that.  Discovering what I have inside that needs to come out. 

Tapping into what is deep inside and continuing to work, study and push myself.  Moving out of my comfort zone to learn new methods, rediscovering mediums I have forgotten.


This is just one of the projects I recently completed.  Well, maybe not complete.  I may revisit her later, but I am calling her done for now.  This was completely done with soft and hard pastels.  I had more or as much pastel on my face, hands and clothes as I have on the drawing!  I have a very old set of soft pastels I inherited from when I subbed.  I enjoyed blending and blending and blending some more.  I think one could sit and play with a pastel drawing for an entire day.

Learning to use cold and hot wax in a composition was also fun and a new way to look at things.  Both projects are unfinished.  The one below is waiting for an order of cold wax I purchased on Amazon.  I will be adding it to the top half of the piece, in hopes of creating a misty atmosphere.

I have absorbed so much in the last month or more.  Two very different teachers and two very different ways to approach art.  My mind is spinning and I want to do so many different things all at once!  Have you ever felt that way and then don't know where to begin??

I hope to continue to learn, grow and share along the way.  Tapping into my own intuitive style 
Listening, experimenting, pushing and sharing along the way.  A whisper or a shout.

Before I close, let me share a little excitement with you.  Save this date and join me and 23 other artists for Artist's Play Date in 2016.  I am thrilled and honored to be in this great group of teachers and share our art together.



Merry Christmas to all!  
May Santa fill your stocking with many blessings, new art, supplies and classes for 2016!!
Ursula xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment