Monday, June 15, 2015

Drawing is still basically the same as it has been since prehistoric times.  It brings together men and the world.

It lives through magic.  Keith Haring

I have had the privilege to share my art work with 9 other women, as I mentioned in a previous post. 

Each of us designing an Artist Trading Card to share.  Without really knowing much about the artist we were sharing with, I had a hard time deciding which card went to whom.

Most of mine were painted on a basket ball card and watercolor paper.  Others were on paper, cardboard, playing cards and so on.

I  was more than excited to receive my first card....."Dream", a wonderful collage from California!  She even made her own envelope!

It was fun going to the mail box each day to see if one of the cards arrive.  I received three in one day.  I felt like a kid in a candy store.  Interesting that  three cards arrived with a similar color palette and affirmations and came at the right time.

"I am Open Book", all the way from South Africa!  "Believe in the wisdom in your heart" Both beauties!

"Hope" has the same color palette as the last two. Love the butterfly!  Then, all the way from Vancouver, B.C., this charming little whimsy.  " I touch your shore dancing angel sailing the water of love."
Love how this sweet little girl is incorporated into the playing card.  The second is from a series "Ladies who Lunch".    This is Mae and her favorite gem stone is garnet.  Excellent choice, my son's birthstone is garnet!

"Moon Dance" traveled from across the pond!  And, don't you love the little bird added to "Charm"?

The backs of some of them. 

 Many came with more than just the card and I was overwhelmed with the extra little treasures and generosity.  Napkins from Africa, old key, stickers, collage papers, and even a bag of Detox tea!  Just to name a few. 

A nice mix of individual styles.  I am looking forward to getting to know each one of these artist's better.  Our host, Mariette keeps us up to date on things and I appreciate her efforts on bringing our little group together.  Friends sharing art!

Our next project will be post card size.  Our theme and date due has not been decided, but I look forward to sharing that with you as well.

I will leave you with a quote from Roselyn.

"The meaning of life is to find your gift.  The purpose of life is to give it way." Pablo Picasso









 



 


2 comments: