Monday, January 27, 2014

New every morning




We began our new year a road trip to Pensacola Beach Florida.  I took my sketch book and happily sketched along the way, through Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi and on to Florida. It was our first road trip together in many years.
We joined my cousin and her husband in Pensacola where they rented a beach house right along the beach.  
I loved my daily walks along the beach and discovered something new every day.  Some times going alone and other times with the group or just the girls.
We took our buckets with us each time in hopes of finding new shells to add to our collection. Each day seemed to be a new discovery.  Sand formations, waves, birds, new shells, prints in the sand, sandcastles left behind, sun rises and sunsets.
It reminded me of the song of God's mercies being new every morning.
We are home now and I need to remember this even though I don't see the physical changes outside on this cold Missouri morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment