Monday, March 14, 2016

        So much going on in my Wildwood studio these days.

It has been fun experimenting with various techniques and new ways of doing things.  I thought it would be fun to share a few ideas, designs and a tutorial so you can get inspired and create along with me.

Just a little glimpse at what will be featured on the DecoArt blog this week.  A mixed media design using a limited palette and rice paper as the background.  The full painting and step by step instructions will be on the blog site on the 15th of March. 

The Artist Nouveau Gallery is one of my latest adventures.  This is a Facebook site that allows artists to post and auction off their items.  I have participated in the last two weekends and found the site to be so much fun.  Watching your items go up for bid and bidding on other artists as well.  My "Floral Expressions"  will be going to it's new home very soon.  Mixed media, collage and DecoArt fluid acrylics and stencils.

                                       Filling pages within our journals are always inspiring.


                                            The beginning stages.....watercolor roses..


                                   Love this new watercolor journal I purchased from Etsy.....


              Color is loosely applied, skipping around as areas dry before going back into them with more color.  Did you know that DecoArt fluid acrylics work well as watercolors!



The finished painting, tucked away inside the pages of the journal.  Relaxing, therapeutic and fun.  I find that watercolors are my go to when I need to just play or find solace on a rainy day.

Spring is just around the corner.... Stop and smell the roses!  :)

Ursula



No comments:

Post a Comment