Sunday, November 1, 2015

                      Every adventure requires a first step....

A quote from the Adventures of Alice In Wonderland.  The subject of an Artist trading card group.  
Our first cards were smaller, trading card size.  One of our members (10 total), thought we should make them larger so they would be easier to paint and add more detail.  
I chose the theme of Alice and The Rabbit in most of mine.  Cutting each card, 6 x 4 from canvas paper.  White and black gesso, old book pages, a clock photo I downloaded and Americana Decou Page Paper to each.
They sat in my studio for quite some time, not sure what direction I should go.

"I knew who I was this morning but I've changed a few times since then."

Appropriate quote as I did change direction as I painted each one.  Taking them from a more literal translation to something more imaginative.

Can you tell which ones were the first?

All in all this was a very fun exchange.  I have received all but two of the cards from our group.  I will post a group picture when my collection is complete.  Each card has been accompanied by a variety of collage pieces, napkins, sayings, ribbon, drawings and more.

Such a fun and talented group of lades from all over the world.

We also decided to send birthday greetings throughout the year.
Here are a couple I sent out for October birthdays.  Keeping the card idea and size the same.  Each envelope is embellished and special treats are included.


I hope you enjoyed our little journey into the Land of Alice and friends.  My hope is that it  has inspired you to join a group, paint your own Alice cards and just have fun!

Happy November!!
Ursula xo


No comments:

Post a Comment